Location: Robinson Township, Allegheny County, PA
Performs comprehensive, professional financial and administrative work in planning, organizing and directing related activities of the Township. Responsible for Township Budget of $14.5 million
- Collects and prepares financial data needed for the construction of the annual budget; prepares annual budget with the Township Manager.
- Responsible for payroll, accounts receivable, pensions, debt and cash management, banking, auditing, internal control, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Performs journal entries and subsidiary entries
- Accounting and record-keeping systems; reviews general ledger accounts and computer reports; prepares new accounts.
- Oversee retiree benefits and pension payment system
- Work with Treasurer’s office to ensure accuracy of tax reciepts
- Attend meetings as requested with the Township Board of Commissioners, staff, other boards and commissions, and at professional seminars and conferences.
- Interact with township officials and employees, actuaries, insurance representatives, consultants, and outside auditors to provide financial assistance and information.
- Resolves complicated problems regarding the accounting and reporting of financial transactions.
- Assist In the township insurance program and employee benefits and personnel programs
- Assists in the Investment program of all the township funds and provides cash flow analysis
Compiles reports and correspondence; researches, prepares, and files required reports and forms to federal, state, and local agencies; oversees preparation of all year-end financial reports.
Researches alternate revenue sources, such as grants, low-interest loans, and related programs. Assists in the preparation of grant and loan documents.
Performs other duties as assigned
Various Human Resources responsibilities; health and life insurance enrollments, HRA accounts, Workers Compensation Reports
Bachelor’s Degree from a four- year college/university with concentration in finance preferred and experience in municipal accounting or finance is highly recommended. 5 years of extensive government accounting/finance experience will be considered for applicants without a college degree.
- Considerable knowledge of modem policies and practices of public administration, especially municipal finance.
- Familiar with Prosoft or equivalent accounting software.
- Excel, Outlook, and other standard office computer software.
Compensation And Benefits:
Compensation based on Qualifications
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401 (k) Retirement Plan
Enrolled in Township Life Insurance Program
Application Deadline:September 7, 2019
Send resume and 3 references to:
Attn. Frank Piccolino
1000 Church Hill Road
PIttsburgh, PA 15205
Or email at:
Location: Thorndale, PA
Application Deadline:September 28, 2019
Please send resumes directly to Kristen Denne, Township Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Montgomeryville, PA
Montgomery Township (EOE) is accepting applications for a FULL-TIME ACCOUNTANT. The position will be responsible for the general ledger accounting of Township transactions. Responsibilities include performing various administrative financial tasks of a specialized nature to include but not limited to maintaining escrow accounts, revenue balances, reconciliations, account analysis, reporting and inventory records, and to perform a variety of professional accounting tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting, preferably with a public sector agency, and advanced accounting systems (i.e., BS&A software) and Microsoft Suite, required.
Successful results upon completion of pre-employment background checks, assessments or tests, as applicable, required.
Ability to communicate and perform well in an interview and demonstrate proven skills and abilities, required.
Remain current in all position applicable trainings as required.
Application Deadline:August 28, 2019
Full description of the job duties and requirements, as well as how to apply, is available at www.montgomerytwp.org/hr. Application deadline 4:30 p.m. 08/28/19.