Location: 1840 Municipal Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Manheim Township Finance Department is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Accounts Payable and Revenue Specialist. The ideal candidate has basic accounting knowledge and is able to interact with key members of the Finance team.
The AP/Revenue Specialist is responsible for assisting the Finance Department with processing accounts payable, processing and managing past due accounts, processing revenue from Ancillary Departments, and other accounting tasks. Additionally, assisting customers, answering phone calls and responding to window inquires.
• Graduation from high school or an accredited equivalency program; Associates Degree preferred
• Knowledge of accounts payable practices and procedures
• Knowledge of department policies and procedures
• 2 years of working experience in professional atmosphere
• Possession of excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of general office duties and basic accounting skills; typing and computer skills proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel required.
Compensation And Benefits:
The position is Full-time (40 Hours/week). Salary is commensurate with expereince with a range of $37,440 – $41,600.
An excellent benefits package is offered to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401(a) pension and an option to contribute to a 457(b).
Application Deadline:July 31, 2020
• Submit cover letter and resume to Steve Schlegel, Human Resources Director at email@example.com. Manheim Township is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: 100 W. Beau Street, Washington, PA 15301
Consistent with the guidelines of the County, perform audit of the records of District Justice and other County offices to determine compliance with legal requirements and standard bookkeeping procedures; to implement, supervise and perform all program audits; to develop audit procedures for new audit programs and revise current procedures as needed; to perform specialty audits as needed/requested; to manage all audits.
- Conduct Financial, Procedural, and Compliance Audits using generally accepted accounting and auditing principles for all Magisterial District Courts, row offices, and specialty audits as requested
- Prepare financial statements and draft reports; schedule audit exit conferences with management and staff to discuss audits, findings and recommendations; complete work papers; issue final report
- Review and analyze the accounting practices and financial records of various programs and offices to identify any irregularities that might exist
- Analyze expenditures for compliance with existing policies, rules and regulations
- Prepare detailed audit reports, cite irregularities and recommend corrections as appropriate, in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Assist department personnel in establishing procedures or systems to correct deficiencies
- Supervise audit staff in a manner consistent with the guidelines of the County’s Employee Relations and Equal Opportunity policies and ensure that the audit staff is properly trained
- Develop audit procedures for new audit programs and revise current procedures as needed
- Perform other duties as may be required
- Work in an office environment; travel to the various County offices and locations is required; a mode of transportation must be readily available. Flexible working hours may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; four years of auditing experience; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred. Must possess a thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and the ability to analyze and evaluate data to reach a conclusion.
Compensation And Benefits:
$64,000 – $75,000
Salary negotiable based on qualification and experience.
Applications may be obtained at www.co.washingtion.pa.us. Please complete and submit application/resume online or mail to Washington County Controller’s Office, 100 W. Beau Street, Suite 403, Washington, PA 15301.